All the partners in Griffin Chapman have extensive and specialised knowledge of the various legalities and practicalities that face family businesses, including husband and wife teams, and together we can help you with your requirements. To recognise this knowledge and experience we have established a Family Business Department
We keep up-to-date in connection with your legal obligations and also changes and developments that can provide exciting new opportunities. As a long established and proactive firm, we are fortunate to act for a number of thriving East Anglian Family Businesses. We understand the particular and often unique challenges that you face and are also committed to working with you to maximise each and every opportunity. Our experienced team will be delighted to assist with a broad range of services such as Succession Planning, Restructuring, Mergers and Acquisitions, not to mention preparation and filing annual accounts, VAT etc.
We host an annual Family Business Briefing and Reception, which will provide both a valuable and enjoyable update upon key relevant issues. Our full range of services to Family Businesses are as follows:-
- Accounts preparation for limited companies, partnerships and sole proprietor businesses
- Corporation tax and business tax computations
- Management accounts
- Bookkeeping services including purchase and sales ledgers and VAT
- Profit, cash flow and taxation projections
- Business plans
- Devising and monitoring performance targets, budgets, etc
- Forecasting of working capital requirements
- Identifying suitable types of finance and negotiating on your behalf
- Preparation of financial proposals, sensitivity analysis, contingency plans etc
- Board Consultancy Service
- Access to our trained Commercial Negotiators for contract bids, property matters anddisputes
- Representation at Commercial meetings by our Commercial Consultant
- Independent Business Cost Reviews
- Business Remodelling and Restructuring
We provide a monthly enews service, which keeps you up-to-date on the changes in business life and helps identify the areas affecting you that need further investigation.
We can advise you on the choice of accounting software for your business, provide training and system reviews.
Online50 is a new dimension in efficient accounting, combining the familiar strength of Sage 50 Accounts and Payroll with the power of the internet.
For clients who require our assistance with ongoing book-keeping, accounting or Sage support, using Online50 gives us shared access to live data, without the need for travelling or exchanging data backup.
We can access your accounts simultaneously and even take control if you wish, giving higher level of support for you dealing with queries, solving problems and completing tasks.
Succession planning and retirement strategies
We will help you plan your business’ future, bringing in younger members of the family, maintaining the balance of control and financial stability for all concerned.
We have a comprehensive computerised payroll bureau service and can deal with fixed or variable rates of pay, SSP and SMP. We provide you with security payslips, advise PAYE remittance and provide a full year end service with P60s.
Full Personal Tax Service
- Personal tax planning
- Self assessment tax returns
- Estate and inheritance tax planning
- Maintaining a Financial Lifetime File, containing details of powers of attorney, investments, indebtedness and an inheritance tax review.