Jim Lawrence Managing Director of Jim Lawrence Traditional Ironwork Ltd
Scotland Hall Farm
Stoke by Nayland
Colchester CO6 4QG
A Griffin Chapman Client Case Study
Jim Lawrence Traditional Ironwork Ltd is a mail order business run by Jim Lawrence. They offer a wide range of metalwork and soft furnishings from their premises in Stoke-by-Nayland, Suffolk.
Like many farms Scotland Hall had a workshop and it was here where Jim Lawrence began making his first metalwork candlesticks. Loosing money raising beef cattle and pigs for pork, Jim turned from farming to tinkering in his workshop, where his business has evolved at an astonishing rate.
Jim is very modest about the growth of his company, he employs local people, mostly friends of friends and relatives of friends and has utilised the mail order market to great success.
In 2001 Jim Lawrence Traditional Ironwork Ltd were the proud winners of the National Parceline Small Business Awards. Today the company employs over 70 staff and is a limited company with a turnover in excess of £4M.
Why Did You Move To Griffin Chapman?
- Our previous accountant was a much smaller practice. As our business was growing we needed an accountancy firm that had the capabilities to deal with our size of turnover both now and in the future
- They are able to work with our own non-standard software package
- They came highly recommended by a friend
What Do You See As Griffin Chapmans Strengths?
- We only have to deal with three contacts within the firm
- They take an unbiased view about our financial situation
- They offer very good advice
- I find them very easy going
- I trust them implicitly
Any Other Comments?
I am very happy with Griffin Chapman and couldn't fault their service. I wouldn't be without them.